To be eligible for entry into Development Squad, swimmers will have:
- Completed Swim England Stage 8
- Achieved 3 Bronze Sprint awards. Three of the following times must be achieved at a Licensed Gala such as ESC Time Trials, ESC Club Championships, at an Open Meet or a Team Event:
- 50m Frontcrawl: 47.00
- 50m Butterfly: 52.4
- 50m Breaststroke: 1.00.4
- 50m Backstroke: 54.5
- Records of competitive swims on Swim England Rankings that have been achieved outside of the club’s time trial evenings. They should be achieved at Club Championships or preferably at Open meets/Team events.
- A willingness and ability to attend 3 training sessions per week, team galas, club championships and open meets.
To be eligible for entry into Squad, swimmers will:
- Have achieved 1 County Championships Qualifying Time
- Be able to complete 10 x 100 FC on 2.00 and 10 x 50 FC on 1.10
- Be able to complete 5 x 100 IM with good technique including starts and turns on 2.30
- Be able to use a pace clock to manage the above set without help from a coach
- Be 10 years or over
- Be physically and mentally ready to move to Squad
- Have been attending Open meets, Team galas and club champs on a regular basis as well as training a minimum of 3 times per week.
- Have all basics in place such as streamlining 5m from walls, correct turns on all strokes.
To be eligible for entry into Elite Squad, swimmers will:
- Attend Saturday morning training once invited each week after being invited by the Squad Coach. These sessions will be additional to the normal training being done in Squad.
- Have achieved 3 County Championships Qualifying Times
- Be aged 12+ (female) or 13+ (male) in line with National Championship qualification minimum ages.
- Be mentally, physically and emotionally ready to attend Elite squad. This will be assessed by the coaches at training and competitions.
- Commitment to training a minimum of 4 times per week (Saturday is additional and not included in the 4 sessions per week).
- Be able to perform the following:
- 400m FC Kick in less than 10 minutes.
- 10 x 100m FC on 1:40
- 5 x 100 IM on 2:00 with good technique and legal turns